1. The name and contact details of Inteqnion
attn. Privacy Department
7122 MS Aalten
Chamber of Commerce no. 09171676
We can be reached by e-mail at: email@example.com
2. Why do we process personal data and on what grounds?
We are only allowed to process personal data if we have a ground for doing so pursuant to privacy legislation (GDPR). We have the following grounds to process your personal data pursuant to Article 6 of the GDPR:
- We process your personal data because this is necessary to conclude and perform any agreement with you. This applies to:
- current and prospective customers;
- parties from whom we purchase goods or services;
- current and prospective vendors;
- Other clients or contractors;
- We process your personal data if you have given us consent to do so;
- We process your personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, for example, in the context of tax returns;
- We process your personal data if we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
If you purchase a product or service from us, you must send personal data to us so we can contact you about the product or service, conclude the agreement, and all other associated aspects. Examples include sending the quotation, informing you about changes in services or products, giving instructions for products, and invoicing.
When we purchase products or services, this data is necessary to inform you about the specifications or requirements we expect specific items or services to comply with, to send a request for a quotation or place an order with you, to pay your invoices, and to ensure smooth and efficient communication concerning other aspects of the agreement. We may also collect and record information from public sources, such as the Chamber of Commerce register or contact details on public websites.
If you have granted us consent, we will retain the personal data provided by you and use it to inform you personally in the future by e-mail of our existing and new products and services, and possibly make related offers. Each time you receive direct marketing from us, you have the right to inform us that you no longer wish to receive such information. To unsubscribe, use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each e-mail.
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal data. However, if you do not provide us with any data or insufficient personal data, we may not be able to carry out the aforementioned work, or conclude or perform any agreement.
3. What data do we collect and use?
If you use our services, we may collect and use the following personal data from you:
- First name and surname
- Address details
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- IP address (anonymised)
- Other personal data you actively provide to us, for example, by using our contact form on the website, in correspondence to us, and by phone;
- Information about your downloads from the website;
- Internet browser and type of device
- Time stamps;
We also collect and use company names. In most cases, company names fall outside the scope of the GDPR. This may be different if you have registered your company with your own name, for example, John Smith B.V. In that case, we will also observe the protective provisions of the GDPR for your company name.
4. Automated data decision-making
We do not make decisions based on automated processes concerning matters that could have a significant effect on people. For more information about this subject, visit the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
5. Cookies we use
Cookies are small text files that are placed on the visitor’s computer by a website page. Such a cookie stores information, such as certain preferences of the visitor. This allows us to serve the visitor even better on a subsequent visit.
The data is not disclosed to third parties. These cookies also contain no personal data unless you have given your unambiguous and explicit consent. Functional and analytical cookies therefore have at most minor consequences for your privacy.
Visitor behaviour on our website is measured using cookies from Google Analytics. This program gives us insight into anonymous statistics, such as visitor numbers and specific click behaviour. We anonymise IP addresses. We do not store user IDs that can personally identify you, and do not use remarketing functionalities.
In the unlikely event that we nevertheless use other cookies, you will be notified as soon as you visit the website. In that case, a pop-up will request your consent to the use of these cookies. The cookies will only be placed if you have given consent for their use.
6. Do we share your data with third parties?
Your personal data will not be sold to third parties, and will only be disclosed to third parties if this is necessary for the performance of a possible agreement with you or in connection with a statutory obligation.
Within the framework of the performance of the agreement, we may have to share your personal data with third parties who supply parts, materials, and products to us, or perform activities on our behalf. We also use an external server provider to save parts of our sales and purchasing administration, which includes your personal data. For this purpose, your personal data is shared with our external server provider.
Finally, as we use a newsletter mailing service, your personal data is shared with the provider of this service.
We may have to share your data with third parties on the basis of a statutory obligation, for example, at the request of the Tax and Customs Administration.
We will conclude a processing agreement with the third parties that process your personal data on our behalf to ensure these third parties handle your personal data with the same level of security and confidentiality. We will continue to bear responsibility for such processing.
7. The protection of your personal data
We believe your data should be safe with us, and we take appropriate measures to prevent its misuse, loss, unauthorised access, undesirable disclosure, and unauthorised modification. To guarantee privacy and to ensure technical security, we have implemented the following measures, among other things:
- Your data is sent via a secure connection when you use an online form on our website;
- Your data is encrypted during transmission. This means your data will be unreadable if it falls into the wrong hands;
- Other security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall;
- Personal data that is recorded in physical form is stored in a sound lockable space, so third parties cannot access it.
8. Personal data retention period
If you have requested a quotation from us but you have not become one of our customers, we will erase your personal data no later than seven years after the last contact. If we have received a quotation from you, but we have not become one of your customers, your personal data will also be erased no later than seven years after the last contact.
If you have become one of our customers, or we have become one of your customers, your personal data will be retained for at least seven years after the end of the financial year in which the agreement with you was performed in full.
These periods correspond to the period in which we are obliged to retain our records for the Tax and Customs Administration.
We keep other aforementioned personal data (IP address, internet browser and device type, time stamps) that we process for a maximum of two years. Your data used for marketing purposes will be kept until you withdraw your consent.
9. What are your rights?
You have several rights under the GDPR:
- You are entitled to submit a request to view your personal data;
- If there is reason to do so, you are entitled to request us to supplement or rectify any personal data that is inaccurate;
- You are also entitled to request your personal data to be erased, or to restrict the use of your personal data;
- You are also entitled to file an objection with us against the collection and use of your personal data, and to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority;
- On request, we will provide you with information about the balancing of the interests that we have made under the ‘processing on the basis of a legitimate interest’ basis, insofar as this applies to you;
- Finally, you are entitled to request us to send you your personal data or to transfer this data to another person.
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact details at the top of this policy.
If you have any questions or require more information about the collection and use of your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us.